Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review: Group Therapy | Above & Beyond


After many years in the making, Above & Beyond have finally released their much anticipated album, Group Therapy. I don't know what the point is of me really doing a review because you know I'm going to tell you that it's one of the best trance album I've ever heard, rivalling Paul Van Dyk's The Politics of Dancing.
It's the best album that will go out this decade, I am so sure. Its been crafted to entice the new generation of trance fans and unite the age old fans (like me) who loved everything Ocean Lab ever came out with.

The album features the vocals of Richard Bedford and Zoe Johnston which work harmoniously and magically to tell stories about our lives and the things we go through daily, all around the world. The wonderful thing about the entire album is how real it feels and how relatable it is to the human experience. When trying to think of what my favourite track on the album is, I really have no clue. They are all exceptional and it's so hard to choose. If I really had to pic I would go with Prelude. I am a sucker for tribal chanting in music and that feeling of flying and freedom and that track just has a positivity and a authentic/creative vibe to it!

You can purchase Group Therapy the mp3 version of the album for the low price of $7.99 or you can grab the album itself, which I suggest because the art is beautiful and its nice to have for about $10 !

If you're a big A&B fan you can check out http://www.aboveandbeyond.nu/grouptherapy/order to get your hands on some brilliant merchandise and collectors limited edition goodies!

Listen here for a quick preview!







No comments: